What is Step up for Parkinson's?
When is Step up for Parkinson's?
Step up for Parkinson's is an online, month-long personal challenge that starts on 1 May 2022 and runs through 31 May 2022. Participants can walk, run, or hike 5K a day in May with friends/family. By taking part, you’ll be raising funds for Parkinson's NSW. Set yourself a goal, get fit, fundraise, and Step up for Parkinson's!
Can I Step up with other people?
Yes, absolutely. Apart from just being really good fun, exercising in a group is a great motivator. It will help you to keep pushing yourself to reach your goal! You’ll never miss a session because you won’t want to let the team down!
Do I have to do 5K a day?
Step up for Parkinson's is a personal challange not a marathon. 5K a day is a suggestion, you can do more or less then 5K its totally up to you.
How do I create a fundraising page?
Once you register for Step Up for Parkinson's an online fundraising page will get created for you.
How do I log my fitness activity?
How do I collect donations?
Donations can be made through your fundraising page. Simply send the link to your friends, family and colleagues to sponsor your efforts.
How do I update my fundraising page?
Login to your Step up for Parkinson's account and head to your dashboard. Click on ‘Edit my page’ and update your fundraising page. Don't forget we are here every Step of the way so reach out if you need our help firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I share my fundraising page on Facebook?
Facebook is a great way to share your Step up for Parkinson's fundraising page. We advise against setting up a separate Facebook Fundraiser. If you raise money using a Facebook fundraising page, it doesn’t count towards your official Step up for Parkinson's sponsorship total. Which could mean you miss out on incentives and prizes.
Are donations tax-deductible?
Yes, all donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.
How does Parkinson's NSW use the money raised?
All money raised through Step Up for Parkinson's will allow Parkinson's NSW to continue providing essential services such as counselling, Support Groups, an InfoLine staffed by Parkinson’s Registered Nurses, education, NDIS advocacy, Support Coordination and fundraising for service delivery. We thank you for your support
How do I thank my donors?
Login to your Step Up for Parkinson's account and head to your dashboard. Click on ‘Edit my page’ and update your fundraising page.
Are there any prizes or rewards for fundraising?
When you raise $100 on your Step Up for Parkinson's fundraising page you will receive a limitied edition Step Up for Parkinson's active
The fundraiser who raises the highest amount on their fundraising page by 31 May 2022 will receive a pair of Apple AirPods.
JBL CLIP4 Prize Terms and Conditions
- Each donation of $20 or more made to the fundraisers Step Up for Parkinson's fundraising page between 25/05/2022 and 31/05/2022 11:59pm will entitle the fundraisers to receive one entry to the draw.
- All fundraisers who qualify will be entered into a special draw and randomly selected on Wednesday 1 June 2022.
- Winners will be notified by email
- The prize is one of three JBL Clip 4 portable Bluetooth speakers RRP $89.00
- The prize is not transferable for cash
- Colours will be randomly selected
- Prize winner's initials will be notified online at www.stepupforparkinsons.org.au and on the Step Up for Parkinson's community Facebook group.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the prize winner.
- The Prize will be sent via Australia post.
- Details of the winner’s names or address will not be published unless authorized by the winner.
- All taxes, liabilities and costs not included with the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
- Prize values are in Australian Dollars and are the recommended retail values at the time of printing.
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable for cash.
- In the event of the intervention of any outside agent or event which changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, atomic war, invasion, or strikes, PNSW may in its absolute discretion cancel or postpone the draw and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to legislation and the draw will be conducted on a date notified on the PNSW website.
- To be eligible for this draw all donations need to be made through your online fundraising page. Entry into this draw is for individual fundraising and will be based on your individual fundraising page not your team fundraising page.
- Parkinson’s NSW staff, board members and directly family member are not eligible to win this prize.
How much does it cost to register?
It is FREE to register and participate in Step Up for Parkinson's. You can Step Up solo, as a team, or as a workplace!
How to share your fundraising URL on Instagram
Sharing your URL on Instagram can be tricky.
Here are two options that you could try,
1. Add your fundraising URL to your Instagram bio
2. Create an Instagram story and use the 'Sticker Link' to share your fundraising URL
How do I join the Step Up for Parkinson's Facebook Group
Click here to join